Monday turned out to be a really great day for my blog. According to wordpress, Monday was the best day for likes so thank you to everyone for the love.
In particular, a big thank you to Leaping Tracks for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award.
There are three rules for accepting a One Lovely Blog nomination:
- you pay tribute to the giver of the award
- you describe seven facts about yourself
- you nominate other bloggers to receive the award
So here we go…
1. Leaping Tracks–liberating my downloads, one track at a time.
Throughout the years, I accumulated hours and hours of music. I have 10.9 days worth of music and when I put my iTunes library on shuffle, I’m still surprised with the variety I have. Leaping Tracks documents the thoughts and feelings that comes when listening to songs one forgets they have. Sometimes, old memories come up when I hear a song in my library that I haven’t heard in a long time. So to Leaping Tracks, THANK YOU and happy listening and blogging :).
2. Seven Facts about Me.
- For three summers in a row, I worked at sleepaway camps, one in East Windham, NY and one in Glen Spey, NY. I never went to sleepaway camp as a kid but I’m glad to experience it as an adult. There’s always some sense of community and tradition that goes on in camp. I also find it amazing how people bond so quickly during summer camp.
- Remember Scratch Art from elementary school art class? Over the summer when I was an Arts and Crafts specialist, I found some scratch art paper and basically scratched away. When I got home, I bought some Ampersand Scratchbord and did a couple of really cool pieces (to be posted soon!). I find the scratching process really relaxing and engaging.
- I love shopping! When I’m in stores such as H&M, Uniqlo, or Michael’s, I always end up buying something :/.
- I do some freelance illustration work through fiverr. Check out my gigs!
- I love to cook. My famous recipes include Penne a la Vodka with Turkey Meatballs, Baked Chicken with Mushroom Soup, and Ranch Burgers.
- I met my fiancé through Facebook back in 2005 when it was still limited to college students.
- I have been consistent with my Motivational Mondays and Instagram Fridays post (besides a hiatus because I was in camp). Let’s hope I keep up the momentum!
3. People I want to nominate
Blogging is new to me so I admire the way these people approach their blogs.
Diane Ravitch: an educational historian who stands up for teachers during a time of teacher bashing.
Illustration Age: I love the artwork featured on this blog.
Rpdpod: Lovely nature photography
Artsy Forager: More lovely artwork and inspiration featured in this blog
Once again, thank you to Leaping Tracks for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award and to all of my readers who encourage me to keep writing.